Cats and Books

Monday 24 December 2018

Sheep Are By The Dozen


I don’t do festive blogs. Apart from this time.
Performance notes:
I’ve only done the final ‘verse’ and performance details are left up to the reader because whilst I’m fine lugging 25kg feed sacks around, I can’t carry a tune to save my life.
My personal recommendation is that this should be sung in four part harmony, two parts vodka, one part orange juice, perhaps with a side-order of cheese.
Enjoy.


On the twelfth day of Christmas my livestock gave to me
Twelve ewes escaping
Eleven lice a biting
Ten fleas a jumping
Nine muddy gateways
Eight fences falling
Seven rams a running
Six geese a-honking
Five blank stares
Four fighting cats
Three drenched hens
Two dirty gloves
And a crisis in a far field

No comments:

Post a Comment